Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moving right along. The next thing I want to approach is the upcoming election. I know who I'm voting for, but are you sure you know who YOU are voting for?

After watching the debates, at least the ones thus far, it's easy to belive Obama and Biden. However, avoid the silver tongue of the serpent! There have been many prophets, old and new, that are not the smoothest talkers. And yet, they led their people in righteous paths. They were chosen by God. I believe one of these such men, although not a prophet, was our current president. He may make mistakes-but which of us doesn't?-, make up words and fumble during his speeches, but that makes him only more endearing. The question is, do we really want a President with a silver tongue? How do we know that he will keep these promises he's making? And is he telling us the truth when he says that the overall spending will he less than the overall budget cuts? It sounds like a miracle to me. Especially when Congress signed in a 700 billion bail out for the economy. I would hope that whomever becomes President will take care of the economy first. But in doing so, would that not harm the deficit further? So, how can the promises of higher budget cuts be true?

What about the Iraq issue? Obama wants to pull the troops out as quickly as possible, and while that would seem to be the best option overall, I believe McCain when he says that a slower removal would be more beneficial to the Iraqis and the American troops. I feel bad for those who have loved ones serving overseas, and I commend their sacrifice. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

I admit to not having much experience with politics; I've only become interested recently simply because I want to be an informed voter. I have watched each of the recent debates and seen the smoothness of Obama, the slight bumbling of McCain-which, again, is endearing. It makes him more of a person, an American citizen, not a lofty senator, which is how Obama comes across. I've also seen the experience of orating that Biden seems to have achieved during his years as senator, but, like Obama, he comes across as lofty and 'holier than thou'. Palin, on the other hand, is a 'Good Ol' Gal'. Why don't we want someone we, as Americans, can identify with?

Palin's record has much going for her. She has cleaned up her state as Governor and, if you look at all the running mates, she is the only one who has actually run a city, state, etc. She brings a lot to McCain's campaign.

To close, I know that Obama's promises seem really great, but voting for him for President only brings us one step closer to taking the country to communism. And we all saw how that treated Russia.

No comments: