Friday, October 10, 2008

Funny thing happened today. Ha, ha. Ha, ha. Ha. I was in glorious Wal-Mart today (Yea Wal-Mart!) and lost my phone somewhere between the General Merchanise and Grocery sides. Yeah. So, I re-traced my steps three times, no luck. I finished my shopping, checked out and then went to visit the Customer Service desk. There was a line of at least five people-I was the sixth. The woman at the very front was returning an entire cart of items. There was only one guy behind the desk. So, I stand in line for about ten minutes watching as the line lenghens behind me and Jocelyn becomes crankier. No one calls for back-up. I went home, hoping I would get better service if I call. Yeah, right. I went home, unloaded the groceries and put them away. I took Thane's phone and looked up the number for Wal-Mart. I dialed and got the portrait studio. The girl who answered gave me the number for the customer service desk. I re-dial and different girl picks up. I told her what I was looking for, she giggles and puts me on hold. For eight minutes. I hung up and dialed again. This time no one answered. I waited for an hour, loaded Jocelyn in the car and went off to Wal-Mart again. No luck. So, i took the two of us off to the Verizon store and picked out a new phone. An expense I wasn't expecting this month. Luckily, Thane had a ton of overtime last month and we were able to cover it. Another example of the blessing you receive if yo pay your tithing. Hallelujah!!

No comments: